If you’ve been hitting the gym for a while and not seeing the results as quickly as you’d like, it’s time to change it up and head into a group exercise class at FitClub. It can be slightly intimidating if you’ve never tried group exercise, but with these five reasons you might just find a new favorite workout and the results you’ve been looking for.
- It’s fun. Why do a dance aerobics video alone in your living room or hit the stationary bikes after work when you have Zumba and CycleFit options at FitClub? Finding a class that you enjoy will help you stick to your workout plan and achieve your goals. Let the music and instructor pick you up when you’re energy is low and thrive off of the other class members. Just because it’s fun, doesn’t mean it’s not also effective.
- It helps to make a commitment. It’s so easy to tell ourselves that we’ll fit in a workout later or tomorrow, but knowing in advance what class you want to try will keep you on a schedule. Knowing that you want to hit a Wednesday night class will make it easier to plan for your day and to avoid the excuses that try to keep you from your workout. FitClub’s varied class schedule and multiple locations make it easy to excuse-proof your workout plan with a group exercise class.
- Learning proper techniques. Yes, the internet makes it easy to stream yoga videos at home, but the instructor on the video can’t correct your downward dog or encourage you to try a new yoga position that is just outside your comfort zone. The FitClub instructors can guide you through new workouts and adjust your form during the class. Group exercise classes make it easy to learn proper techniques and to stay injury-free while you push your limits in a supportive environment.
- Variety for your muscles. If you’ve always been loyal to a particular workout regimen, you may have muscles that are crying out for variety. FitClub has a variety of group exercise classes to challenge your body in new and different ways that may alleviate muscle imbalances or activate muscles that don’t receive enough attention during your normal routine.
- Variety for your mind. Mixing up your workout routine and trying a new class will give your workout routine a healthy change and may just reenergize your mind. If your workout routine has been feeling stale, this is the perfect time to find a class on the FitClub schedule and dive in. Having something new and exciting to look forward to will make it easier to find the motivation to get your workout in everyday.
As the days are getting shorter and the air is getting cooler, this is the perfect time to move your workout indoors and take advantage of the variety of FitClub classes available. For more information, check out the class schedule or stop into your favorite FitClub location for more information.