If you’ve ever been curious about your body’s composition of lean muscle mass and body fat, it’s time to try FitClub’s InBody System. Body fat analysis no longer requires you to strip down and be pinched to determine your body fat percentage. At FitClub, the InBody System is free for members and as easy as making an appointment and taking off your shoes. The entire process takes less than five minutes and when you leave, you have a detailed chart showing you what you’re made of.
Why do you need to know your body composition? Here are five things you need to know about your body before you delve into a new fitness regimen.
- Body weight isn’t enough. If you’ve been consistently working out with your eye on the scale hoping to see your weight loss, you’re missing a key component of fitness. Muscle weighs more than fat, so even at the same weight your health and fitness can vary. Instead of focusing on the number on the scale every morning, the InBody System gives you an accurate picture of your body’s composition, making it easier to determine whether you need to build lean muscle mass, lose body fat, or both. Watching your lean muscle mass increase and your body fat decrease is a more satisfying and accurate portrait of your health and fitness, even if your weight stays the same.
- Health risks. Your body fat number is a better predictor of health risks than the number on the scale. It’s your body fat, not your weight alone, that can help you and your doctor predict your risks of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity. Knowing your numbers allows you to have a more informed conversation with your doctor to prevent dangerous health conditions from derailing your goals.
- Easy to track and see progress. Fitness and healthy living is about making progress on your own, unique goals. If your goals include living a healthier life and losing body fat, FitClub’s InBody System is a great way to start tracking your progress. At your first In Body System test, you’ll log in with your phone number, making it easy to see your progress when you return for another test down the road. When your analysis is complete, you’ll leave with a chart showing not just your current body weight, but how that weight breaks down into water weight, dry lean mass, and body fat mass.
- Setting reasonable goals. If the only fitness goal you have at FitClub is to lose weight, you may be missing out on a key component of healthy living, and what you may need to do is to build lean muscle mass. Knowing your body composition will help FitClub’s personal trainers assess your current overall fitness and health risks and to put you on a path to living the healthiest lifestyle possible, while ensuring that the weight you target is body fat.
- Ensure that when you lose weight because of your fitness and diet regimen, you are losing body fat instead of muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat, if you’re trying to build lean muscle mass while burning fat, you may actually see an increase in your weight. If you’re tracking your body fat percentage, though, you can see that this is a positive change in your overall health and fitness.
Have you tried FitClub’s InBody System?